Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I had hoped to make these almond croissants for my brother when he was here recently. But time got away from us and cakes seemed to be everywhere... so I just made them yesterday. A comfortable kirsch frosting sets them off to perfection.



Little hands brush lightly with egg white...



And they are gobbled up in about half a minute by a hungry (and I must confess appreciative) family! All the work seemed worth it when my Russian came home from work eyes shining from the smell of fresh baked goods.

8 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Must be a puff pastry, they look like a treat at a Dutch bakery I was at yesterday.They make them in a "S" shape and call them Dutch Letters.

Allison said...

Yes, they are made with puff pastry! But like your Dutch Letters must be, they are worth every calorie!

Southern Lady said...

Those look yummy. I made some recently with Nutella in the middle. I didn't tell my girls so that when they took a bite they would find the surprise. They loved them. Doesn't every family love fresh baked treats? Carla

penny said...

Its always nice to have precious little helping hands, isn't it Allison... all to soon they are all grown-up.
I think I can smell your delightful pastries.. they sure do look scrumptious and its nice that your efforts are appreciated.

Have a marvelous day, Allison

Unknown said...

Mouthwatering...
Costas

Teté M. Jorge said...

Delicious... and made with love...

Hugs.

kostas said...

Very nice!I have to visit your country again!

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

looks so tasty!! thank you :)