Thursday, April 28, 2011

My equally ex-pat German friend, equally married to an equally tall Swiss man, lives in the picturesque region of Morat... and it was time for a drive south to compare notes. :)



Charm is an understatement on the Swiss plateau.



Where tractors just mosey along...



And fields of colza spread out like a patchwork quilt.



Tiny winding streets...




Out here under a bigger sky than ours up in the Jura mountains, sunsets par excellence.



And ... well ... yes ... I was going 80 km an hour when I took this picture. (Don't tell hubby).

13 comments:

Ola said...

It looks like a pretty and very quite region

Evi said...

Si j'ai bien compris, tu deviens réellement un danger publique quand tu roule. J'espère que tu n'as pas la voiture pleine d'enfants lors de tes exercices :(
Je devine : tu n'avais pas envie de t'arrêter une 100ème fois, alors tu photographie en conduisant. C'est ça ?
Mais finalement, si tu sortais de route ce ne serait pas grave, tout est tellement plat dans le Seeland.
Ton amie de Germany va bien?
Bisous

Joe said...

The Swiss country side is awesome.

Nancy said...

Love this area -- the traditional architecture is so pretty. :)

Judy said...

What a beautiful drive. I'm with Nancy the architecture is beautiful.

Changes in the wind said...

Love getting to see the pictures...would love to visit there someday.

TexWisGirl said...

I'm glad you have an ex-pat soul sister to share 'notes' with. :) And what a gorgeous drive (except for the snapping photos while behind the wheel thing!)

Out on the prairie said...

Wild girl driving and snapping pictures. A lovely valley to visit.

LBB said...

Beautiful!! I'm so looking forward to driving through the country side!! I just wish I didn't have to wait so long to do it! Counting the days ....... Until then I'm loving these shots :)

Meg said...

Any chance you could just ship me one of those houses? :D

Dawn said...

Thanks for the tour. I feel like I would fit right in there:) I would:))

Randy said...

Thanks for taking us along on the drive. I needed a road trip. Enjoy your Friday.

Carole Barkett said...

incredible place and great photos. Love the architecture.