Friday, June 24, 2011

I have been longing for robin eggs for my beloved bird's nest... only there are no robin eggs in the wood where I walk. Come to think of it, there are no robins at all!



And though I did not find these in any forest, they arrived in my mailbox yesterday in a yellow envelope. No nests I've ever seen are manilla and flat; but two little birds had flown them there from half way around the world. Not blue, but rather green, we speculated about their origins... and I guess my imagination got away with me.

:) This just warms my heart.

12 comments:

Judy said...

and...they look just perfect in the nest.

penny said...

It is a joy to finally receive something you have been longing for.. isn't it, Allison :)
Your simple pleasures.. warm my heart too.

xo,
Pam

Out on the prairie said...

I have seen the artificial eggs in blue.These look real nice

Out on the prairie said...

I have seen the artificial eggs in blue.These look real nice

TexWisGirl said...

awww. just more proof you are loved all over the world...

Meg said...

How sweet! And very nice eggs too. They look so pretty in your nest. :)

Teté M. Jorge said...

Hello, dear! :))
I get a long without coming here, but when I come I get heated so much affection that I find the images, the kind words, and your love...
It's great to come... I made a point to walk in every post I missed... but now I took a breath. I will leave here refreshed.
Thanks for everything.
A big and warm hug.
A sweet kiss and love...

Betty Manousos said...

oh how sweet!
and they look really nice!

have a great weekend!
betty

Randy said...

What an awesome delivery full of love.

Michael Rowland said...

Wonderful Alison ,have a nice Sunday ,,,M

Dawn said...

So sweet!!! What a neat gift to receive!!!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The eggs look beautiful, perfect for your nest.