Wednesday, April 28, 2010


Looking through the broken glass of one life into the green fields of another.

C.S. Lewis says "further in and higher up!" Is that what it will be like? Will the glass I look through now be shattered, and I will be let to look upon something lovely and new? Something wholly unlike the version I know now, but intimately the same ... only better?

I have wondered what awaits me. I have recoiled at the image others have given me of that eternal place; so limited, so finite, so subjective, so personal. I feel it will be different for every individual, for every heart and longing.

And I wonder, who does break the glass?


p.s. Please comment if a thought strikes you (even anonymously) ... my thoughts are no more than a signal into the great vastness. Do you think something I have not thought?

No comments: