Sunday, December 12, 2010

Song by Dylan Thomas

Love me, not as the dreaming nurses
My falling lungs, nor as the cypress
In his age the lass's clay.
Love me and lift your mask.

Love me, not as the girls of heaven
Their airy lovers, nor the mermaiden
Her salty lovers in the sea.
Love me and lift your mask.

Love me, not as the ruffling pigeon
The tops of trees, nor as the legion
Of the gulls the lip of waves.
Love me and lift your mask.

Love me, as loves the mole his darkness
And the timid deer the tigress:
Hate and fear be your two loves.
Love me and lift your mask.

9 comments:

Teté M. Jorge said...

Although it's cold and snowing there, you keep bringing us your warmth, your spiritual love.

Thank you by the poem.
Kisses with love.

Joe said...

That first pic would make a great postcard!

Judy said...

I love the pictures and the song just seems to go with them. Peaceful and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words :)
The photographs are giving this sunday an extra dimension!
So peaceful!

Nancy said...

Beautiful photos, Allison -- I need to re-read the poem to fully understand it's meaning, however. Those are the kind I like best. :)

Have a wonderful day!

TexWisGirl said...

Hmmm. My mask is sometimes very hard to lift. It so often stays fixed firmly in place...

Love that bottom photo...

Changes in the wind said...

These pictures are gorgeous!!!

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely photos and thoughts to warm me up this morning. everything is cancelled around me and in the single digits.It will be a good day to make some sweet treats for the holiday.

Randy said...

Nice poem and equally nice photographs.