Monday, July 11, 2011

Stopping by the Cathedral in Holderbank, Switzerland, we ate ice cream as we walked a friendly labyrinth out front.




And then walked quietly into the holiness of this unique Roman Catholic Church.



For you, Theresa...







This clock is exactly the same as the one seen on the It's a Small World ride at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Who would've thought? In all my travels, I've never come across one like this, and it just served to underpin my daily declaration that ... I live in Disneyland!

11 comments:

Joe said...

Love the stained glass.

Michael Rowland said...

Wonderful photos Allison,,,M

lindasinklings said...

So get in that little boat and steer it this way soon :)

TexWisGirl said...

awww. thanks for that. love my patron saint. :)

Out on the prairie said...

Some wonderful photos,it must have been the same clockmaker perhaps.

Changes in the wind said...

The church is beautiful! Loved the arches.....

Meg said...

I'm starting to think you really DO live in Disneyland. The details of that building are beautiful!

Nancy said...

Is that your home? Haha! I'm such a doofus.

Love these photos. They are very fairyland like. :)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

St. Theresa was a favorite saint of my mother. My sister's middle name is Theresa after St. Theresa. Being a Catholic myself we pray to the saints in hope that they will intercede to our Heavenly Father on our behalf. Very nice post.

Randy said...

Love the window!

penny said...

It is a small small world after all.. time marches on in this heavenly space.

Thoughts and prayers be with you and yours, Alli..
xo