Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Madison!

We loved the metropolitan feel of this city, and the generous lazy lake that borders it, but what struck me most was simply my daughter's silhouette against the blue water. I stood watching her, leaning against the car, asking myself what we were going to do now ... stay here for the night or travel on?

I left the decision up to her, since she's taller than me and could kick my behind if she wanted to. ;) We took one last look at this town and then headed southeast toward Lake Geneva, seeking something we couldn't seem to find.

As I sit here writing this I wonder, in my own life, what it is I'm looking for. Do you ever feel that way? As if you've been driving for days, your eyes scanning the horizon, darting back and forth, searching for the something you can't quite define?

My life has been a very long journey. And in truth, I'm tired. But something has me saying that it's time to travel on.

6 comments:

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

beautiful place! good presentation! thank you!

Out on the prairie said...

A tough question to answer, I always am looking at new horizons.Very nice post.
Steve

Southern Lady said...

I think everyone has felt that way at one time or another. I find myself pondering that question a lot lately. Carla

Diane AZ said...

Nice views of Madison and a great question! You already are what you seek. ~Nisargadatta

penny said...

Life is a journey with a lot of hills and valleys but you still have a long way to go, my friend.

Be well, happy and safe, Allison
Blessings

Allison said...

I like that, Diane: You already are what you seek.